Saturday, May 8, 2010

Warming up a cold day in May with Treasure Hunting and Ginger




Saturday morning I set off in search of treasures at a church flea market. It was so cold, the fellows at the check-out had thrown blankets over themselves. Nevertheless, they were all as jovial as can be.... even though they had been there since 6:30 a.m. I heard one of the church fellows call out "A dollar for a hard back, fifty cents for a paperback" and a woman in the crowd answered "And how much to warm up the weather?" Everyone had a good chuckle about that. I took my finds back home and began by fixing a broken frame. While it was gluing up, I made the ginger muffins I had started the night before. I'll include the recipe tomorrow, if anyone would like to try them. Everything I make is wheat-free, since I'm allergic to wheat.

1 comment: